Aquarium Heater – ViaAqua 300-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat
People who are not informed enough may not think that choosing an aquarium heater is a big deal, but for those who know their fish tank, choosing a heater can be a big decision. If you choose a heater of the wrong size or even brand, your fish tank can experience some difficulties. But, if you choose the proper one, all the problems can be solved.
It is a big mistake to buy the cheapest heater since it will have a shorter life span and it can really break down quickly. Do a little research first just to make sure what you are buying is the best for your aquarium. In this article, I will talk about ViaAqua 300-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat. But before that, here are some criteria that you have to take into consideration when choosing an aquarium heater.
Look for a Heater That Has This:
Is it adjustable? Well, this question seems like a funny one until you buy a heater that is pre-set for a certain temperature. That means you cannot adjust temperature, so you better avoid this one. If you want to raise the temperature in your fish tank, you wouldn’t be able to do it with this kind of heater. So, it is better to find the one you can control. ViaAqua has that option, so if you want to adjust the temperature just like your fish like it, you can. What’s better than that?
Your heater has to have a thermostat. It isn’t just enough to set the temperature if you don’t know that your heater actually works. So, it is nice to have a thermostat that will show you what is the actual temperature of your fish tank since it doesn’t always mean if you set some temperature on your heater that the fish tank will necessarily be that temperature. ViaAqua heater had installed the thermostat, so you will always know the right temperature of your fish tank. Isn’t that a lovely thing? You will never have to think what is the temperature and wonder whether your heater works properly.
It should be fully submersible. Look for this feature too, as well as the high-quality glass since you don’t want any tragic outcomes in your fish tank. Yeah, almost all of the heaters are fully submersible, but it is not a bad idea to look twice. High-quality glass is also a must, and if the glass has Break Resistant Quartz Glass Construction, even better! When it comes to these features, ViaAqua has both of them, so you don’t have to worry about the safety of your fish tank.
Besides the features above, here are some other great things about this heater:
- This model has a ceramic heater core that will evenly and efficiently distribute heat all over your fish tank, so you don’t have to worry about cold places in the corner of the aquarium.
- There is also power lamp that indicates on and off cycle. You will know when the heater is heating since the red light will be on and when the red light is off, you will know that heater is not heating and that fish tank reached the proper temperature.
- Even though it is fully submersible, ViaAqua has indicated water level line to which you can dip your heater in the tank, and it is important to stay in that line.
- Since this model has 300-Watt, you can use it for aquariums that have about 300 liters (that is 80 gallons), and that is a pretty big fish tank. It will heat the big aquarium without the trouble, and when it hit the desired temperature, it will shut off. That is one fine safety solution.
- The best thing is that is very reliable and steady, so you can leave it on and leave the house knowing that fish in your aquarium are safe.
- You can use it for outdoor fish ponds or even for turtle stock tanks, it doesn’t necessarily have to be used for fish aquarium and that is the whole beauty of this model.
In addition to all of this, one more thing you have to think about is the installation. Well, that doesn’t mean you will need hours to install an aquarium heater, but some of them are hard to place in the tank. ViaAqua will stick right on, and it won’t move unless you want it to move with suction cups that will make your fish tank extra safe. You can use this model in both fresh and saltwater aquariums.
I talked here only about the model with 300-Watt, but if you want smaller one, you can find that too. The model and features will be the same, just the strength of the heater will be different.
When it comes to price, people expect that they have to give a load of money in order to get a decent device, but that isn’t always the case. Price of ViaAqua 300-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater is more than fair (some would say really cheap), since you get all of the features above and the safe and pleasant water for your fish to swim in. This heater has numerous satisfied customers and that is the best proof of its quality, so if you are in a search for a good heater that will do its job, do consider it! This model has good reviews about most aspects, from the price to its features.